MPSE-003 WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (FROM PLATO TO MARX)
|Title Name||MPSE-003 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPSE|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPSE|
|Short Name||MPSE-003 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before March 31th, 2019 for the session July, 2018 and
before September 30th, 2019 for the session January 2019
WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (From Plato to Marx) (MPSE-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2018-19
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from
each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Examine the interrelationship of political thought and political science.
2. Discuss Plato’s theory of justice.
3. Write a note on Aristotle’s views on property, family and slavery.
4. Explain St. Augustine’s influence on western political thought.
5. Discuss Machiavelli’s classification of government.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on the rights and duties of the Sovereign
b) John Lock on social contract and civil society
7. a) Rousseau’s theory of General Will
b) Edmund Burke’s critique of natural rights and social contract
8. a) Immanuel Kant on perpetual peace
b) “The Panopticon”
9. a) Alex De Tocqueville on women and family
b) J.S. Mill on representative government
10. a) Hegel’s Dialectical Method
b) Marx’s view on Communist society
MPSE-003, MPSE-03, MPSE 003, MPSE 03, MPSE003, MPSE03, MPSE-3, MPSE3, MPSE