MPSE-004 SOCIAL AND POLITICAL THOUGHT IN MODERN INDIA
|Title Name||MPSE-004 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPSE|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPSE|
|Short Name||MPSE-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before March 31th, 2019 for the session July, 2018 and
before September 30th, 2019 for the session January 2019
SOCIAL AND POLITICAL THOUGHT IN MODERN INDIA (MPSE-004)
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: MPSE-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2018-19
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from
each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the nature of state and sovereignty in ancient India.
2. Write a note on nationalism and colonial modernity.
3. Trace the trajectory of Muslim thought in 19th and 20th century India.
4. Elaborate the political –religious ideas of Dayanand Saraswati.
5. Examine the importance of Lal-Bal-Pal in the nationalist movement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Swami Vivekananda nationalism
b) V.D. Savarkar’s views on social change
7. a) E.V. Ramaswamy Naicker as a social reformer
b) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan on Hindu-Muslim unity
8. a) Jaipal Singh on championing Adivasi identity
b) Gandhi on the relationship between means and ends
9. a) Jawaharlal Nehru’s views on scientific temper
b) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on reason and rights
10. a) Rabindranath Tagore’s critique of nationalism
b) Establishment of Communist Party of India
MPSE-004, MPSE-04, MPSE 004, MPSE 04, MPSE004, MPSE04, MPSE-4, MPSE4, MPSE